Thursday, May 22, 2008

Death = Live

Until i have no more blood to bleed,
empty totally empty i wish i could get
i want to lose and forget my shadow, have it never again
take off this dry old, destroyed and shameful skin,
burn my soul, burn it many times and burn it again
leave me in darkness,
leave me;
take away my ground then break my legs and all my bones
disappear me, leave no evidence of who or what i´m
i cant be this x-self anymore, please i cant,
i cant be this un-spelling being any longer
i want you to kill me because i want to live,
let me live, im crying out for your mercy,
i dont want to change anymore, it doesn't work...
but now here i am, ready to obey what you want me to do
i want to die to myself so i can be alive in you.

Romans 6:5-11
Christ died, and we have been joined with him by dying too. So we will also be joined with him by rising from the dead as he did.We know that our old life died with Christ on the cross so that our sinful selves would have no power over us and we would not be slaves to sin. Anyone who has died is made free from sin's control.
If we died with Christ, we know we will also live with him. Christ was raised from the dead, and we know that he cannot die again. Death has no power over him now. Yes, when Christ died, he died to defeat the power of sin one time—enough for all time. He now has a new life, and his new life is with God. In the same way, you should see yourselves as being dead to the power of sin and alive with God through Christ Jesus.

No comments: